Category : Uncategorized
Here’s the TOP 10, read until the end because as people that live in Taipei, we’ll tell you about some secret spots.
1) Elephant Mountain (Xiangshan), Taipei sunset
2) Longshan Temple and Huaxi Street Nightmarket
3) Shilin Nightmarket, a must-go nightmarket
4) Leisure in Ximen, also known as Taipei’s Shibuya
5) Taipei 101, the most elegant skyscraper
6) Freedom square near Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall MRT
7) Taiwan National Museum
Once you have done the to do, you are ready to feel some taiwanese culture.
1. Go to a baseball game, Brother Elephants. It is super cheap, around 15€, and you are gonna see an incredible atmosphere. After the game, yo can try some street food outside of the stadium like Taiwanese sweet sausage, nothing like the ones we eat in Europe.
2. Get some Taiwanese breakfast, (radish cake) with tuna dan bing (pancake with egg) and hong cha (black tea).
3. The daily markets are really interesting, a mix of scents and flavors all around the place. It is worthy to walk around and explore their food.
4. Night markets
5. Maokong gondola
The gondola is near Taipei Zoo MRT (brown line), it has 4 stations in its 4,3km line. The ticket fare depends on which station you stop, it varies from 70-120 NT$ one way. On the last stop you’ll find many tea shops with great views.
6. Taipei zoo
You can get to the zoo easily by public transport, it’s open everyday from 9:00 to 17:00. The entrance fee is 60 NT$ for adults and 30 NT$ for children.
Tamsui is in the end of the red line, it is about 1h from the city center. There you’ll find some old historical buildings and forts, a place to bike, many local food stands. It’s a great place to watch the sunset.
A bit farther but still close to Taipei (1-1h30), you can go on a these day trips
Jiufen is the town that inspired the movie spirited away. It is an old gold mining mountain town with many narrow alleyways.
c) Beitou Hot springs
d) Yangmingshan National Park