Foreign nationals, who hold ordinary passports or other legal travel documents and who intend to stay in Taiwan for no more than 6 months for the purposes of transit; tours; visiting relatives; undertaking visits; undertaking inspection tours; attending international conferences; conducting business; pursuing short-term studies; undertaking short-term employment; undertaking short-term missionary work; and engaging in other activities in the ROC as approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, ROC.
- A passport still valid for more than six months with empty pages. (original and photocopy)
- Complete and sign the online application form at https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw
- Two 2″x2″ photographs (taken within the last 6 months, in color and with a white-color background)
- Certificates of enrollment and registration issued by the Chinese language school affiliated to one of the universities or institutions accredited by the Ministry of Education (original and one copy).
- An attendance record.
- A transcript of academic records.
- Proof of financial support.
- A study plan.
- A health certificate issued within the past three months either by one of the accredited local hospitals (list attached) or by a licensed foreign hospital or clinic.
For more details, please contact the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.